Technology and Innovation Network (T+IN) or "Sofia Tech Park" is the first science and technology park in Bulgaria designed and created to act as a platform for the exchange of knowledge and ideas between academia, business, government and society.
The mission of T+IN is:
- to become a prestigious location for global, regional and national researchers and innovative companies in Bulgaria and on the Balkans;
- to enhance the innovation system and new technologies development by supporting businesses aiming to strengthen the economy of knowledge in the country;
- to unite the efforts of business and science that are focused on the development and implementation of projects in the field of information and communication technologies, life sciences and green energy – the three main focus areas of the park.
- Strengthening the competitiveness of science and entrepreneurship in Bulgaria by improving the exchange of knowledge between academia and the business community
- Becoming a platform for the development of start-up companies and innovative ideas
- Accelerating the process of commercialization of research.
Sofia Tech Park JSC will rely on partnerships with private and public organisations. The company has already established cooperation with leading universities, Bulgarian Academy of Science (BAS) , business clusters, large international companies, Sofia Municipality, Ministry of Education, NGOs and others institutions. Sofia Tech Park JSC will manage the overall organization by developing, marketing, financing, leasing, construction and other activities.
Sofia Tech Park JSC was founded in early June 2012. It is owned by the Ministry of Economy and the State Consolidation Company. Between 2012 and 2015 the company developed scientific research infrastructure in support of the Bulgarian innovative business and created around 40, 000 sq. m. new and renovated building spaces to accommodate applied research laboratories, general incubator, innovative lecture, education, discussion forums, places to demonstrate new technology office space, car parking and pedestrian green spaces.