MINOLab’s mission is to setup, maintain and develop applied and innovative research, testing, analysis, design and prototyping for printed circuit boards (PCBs), micro- and nanoelectronics with an accent on electromagnetic compatibility, RFID, MEMS, and biomedical applications.
The goal is to solve problems originating from real world applications in electronics, microelectronics and nanoelectronics, development hi-tech as well as affordable methods and tools for design, modelling and testing.
At MINOLab we deliver services for root cause analysis of failures and defects in electronic devices. We also provide research and development (R&D) and optimization of novel devices, products and systems.
- Early detection and analysis of failures in micro- and nanoelements, devices, modules, systems, prototypes
- Measurements and characterization of integrated circuits and systems, PCBs and devices
- Design at circuit and component level, prototyping
- Development and testing of devices at circuit and system level including embedded systems
- Training in electrical engineering, micro- and nanoelectronics for company employees, students, experts, etc.
- MINOLab partners in 2 ongoing projects for grants BG16RFOP002-1.005 “Development of product and manufacturing innovations” of Operational Programme “Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020
- MINOLab partners in a project for setting up a network in robotics through Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs), Grant Agreement № 824964 “DIH2 – A Network of Robotics DIHs for Agile Production” по процедура H2020-DT-2018-2020/H2020-DT-2018-1. Leading partner is VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Extensive cooperation with the Technology Transfer Unit within the EU Joint Research Centre (JRC)
- Cooperation with the companies from the Cluster of Microelectronics and Industrial Electronics Systems and companies from the industries of microelectronics, nanoelectronics, industrial electronics, automotive, etc.
- Collaboration with the Technical University of Sofia with regards to diploma projects and theses, PhD dissertations, and R&D projects
- Cooperation with the Technology High School of Electronics Systems
- Collaboration initiatives pursuant to the MoU with IMEC Academy (Belgium) with the support of Sofia Tech Park AD.
Completed project with topic “Modeling, characterization, testing and development of printed circuit boards for applications in industrial electronics”, Contract Д-057-2018/20.06.2018.
MINOLab partnered in 2 completed projects for grants BG16RFOP002-1.005 “Development of product and manufacturing innovations” of Operational Programme “Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020
Realization of the priorities set in the National Roadmap of Research Infrastructures.
Laboratory portfolio extension in the context of the new Phase 3 of Sofia Tech Park project under the Operational Programme “Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020.
Reinforcing the cooperation with universities from Bulgaria, Europe and world-wide.
- visual inspection
- in-depth detection of defects
- X-Ray inspection
- structural characterisation of thin films
- measurement of layer thicknesses
- high precision micro cutting
- layer removal
- decapsulation of ICs
- measurements and characterization of microelectronics devices
- NDT thermography
- prototyping of PCBs
- XRF Spectrometer
- SAM microscope
- X-Ray Inspection System
- Shear stress Bondtester
- Ion milling and polishing machine
- Emission Microscope (EMMI)
- Plasma Decapsulator
- Curve Tracer
- Optical microscopes
Areas of expertise: modelling of semiconductor devices, design of integrated circuits and printed circuit boards, advanced materials, bioelectronics, renewable energy sources, electromobility.
Dimitar Nikolov graduated from the Technical University – Sofia in 2009 with a Master’s degree in Electronics. In 2015 he defended his PhD thesis at the Technical University of Sofia in the field of micropower devices. Since 2020 he has been an associate professor in the Department of Electronic Engineering at the Technical University of Sofia. He has extensive international experience, specializations in France and Germany, visiting researcher at KU Leuven, Bruges Campus. He is currently studying in the Master of Business Administration – Strategic Management (AMBA) program at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski. In 2023 he was elected Chairman of the Board of the Cluster of Microelectronics and Industrial Electronics Systems. He is a full member and head of the working group of the AI Cluster Bulgaria for specialized integrated circuits for artificial intelligence. Since 2022 Assoc. Nikolov is the head of the Yacht Club at the Technical University – Sofia.
His research and project activities are in the fields of micro- and nanoelectronics, design and technologies for manufacturing integrated circuits and systems, sensor and MEMS applications, bioelectronic devices, new materials, etc. He is the author of more than 40 scientific papers. He has led and participated in more than 15 completed projects in the field of micro- and nanoelectronics and their applications in industry.
LABORATORY ENQUIRY FOR YOUR PROJECT: