The laboratory aims, in collaboration with research organizations and industrial clusters, to become a leading center that facilitates the access to specialized software and CAD systems and contributes to the development and maintenance of highly qualified specialists in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Developing a suitable simulator of human brain activity, as well as the relevant information and computer technologies that promote and guarantee its activity.
- Scientific research and developments in the following areas: intelligent systems for medical applications, algorithms for controlling robots and drones, intelligent systems for early warning of natural disasters and intelligent systems for the recognition and certification of materials and products.
- Use of CAD systems in the field of microelectronics, telecommunications and intelligent transportation; design and modelling of new devices, systems and technologies, as well as design and modelling of sea vessels.
- Computer design of complex systems for industry, business, etc.
1.Carrying out research activities in the field of “NEUROMARKETING”
2.Performing trainings of children in the field of robotics with utilization of the Lego Mindstorms platform
3.Carrying out research activities in the field of “ARTHERAPY”
4.Carrying out research activities in the field of “Artificial intelligence in smart electric grids”
5.Carrying out research activities in the field of “Development of an expert system with artificial intelligence for automated diagnosis of diseases based on image diagnostics”
1.Direct Baxter robot control with use of image data from Microsoft Kinect as input device.
2.EEG and P300 signal recognition for letter and number recognition.
3.Capturing and digitizing objects with drones.
1.EEG equipment rental: Rental to third parties of low-end movable EEG headsets
equipment of type EMOTIV EEG+, from which 10 are available, with the possibility of
conducting mass experiments or observations of brain activities for a group of people
or single study for one object with 14 channel recording. Rental of professional EEG
equipment machine, a medical grade equipment with very high density
electroencephalograph with 128 Nuevo EEG electrodes with Synamps 2 amplifiers.
2. Rental of drones (with our pilot). Rental of high-class drones model Turbo Ace Matrix
equipped with hardware for high quality video recording, first-person view and
possibility for long stays in the air and small loads, with the possibility of adding
additional hardware or necessary sensors (we have the possibility to add sensors
provided by the customer). Rental Walkera QRX350 medium-class drones, equipped for video
recording and possibly adding a set of sensors.
3. Rental of measurement and instrumentation equipment and provision of measurement
services with available radio frequency analyzers, digital oscilloscopes, frequency
analyzers and multimeters with the possibility of memorizing information in PC. Compact
equipment from Siglent, Rigol and Spectran.
4. Rental of virtual reality equipment from the universal type model VR2200 equipped
with touch gloves with resistive sensors for each individual finger movement measurement.
5. Rental Added Reality Equipment type Epson Moverio with the ability to transmit stereo
images in Android OS.
6. Electromiographic equipment (EMG) rental for a group of people with Thalmic Mio EMG
bracelets or for single user measurements with professional medical equipment (multi –
channel recording) of type BTS Free MG 300.
7. Rental of computers with specialized software per hour – Solidworks, Altium Design,
8. Robots and Equipment (EEG, EMG) for events or for cinema and theatrical productions,
shows, performances and birthdays – two humanoid robots type Aldebaran Nao, two wheeled
platforms with remote control and transmission capabilities of type Dr. Robot Sputnik.
9. Robotics courses for children with Lego Mindstorms kits available for beginner level
of robotics classes.
10. Conducting courses on Solidworks, Altium Designer and MATLAB software products.
11. Rental of computer resources for specialized CPU intensive project calculations.
- Electroencephalographic cap with at least 120 electrodes, with included electrodes – Quik-Cap 128
- Electroencephalographic cap with at least 60 electrodes, with included electrodes – Quik-Cap 64
- Electroencephalographic cap with at least 30 electrodes, with included electrodes – Quik-Cap 40
- Wireless electroencephalographic cap with at least 10 electrodes, with included electrodes and amplifier – Emotive EPOC EEG
- Complete EEG monitoring system with signal receiver and amplifier, recording and visualization of information with at least 128 input channels – EEG System SynAmps2
- Humanoid Robot – NAO Evolution Humanoid Robot
- Robots such as Wheeled mobile platforms – Dr. Robot Sputnik
- Robot type manipulator – Adept Cobra s350
- Radio-controlled quadcopter (4-fin drone), modular with the possibility of reprogramming and easy replacement of hardware modules – QR X350PRO iLook
- Radio-controlled quadcopter (4-fin drone), modular model with the possibility of reprogramming and easy replacement of hardware modules – Turbo Ace MATRIX-i
- Electronic bracelet for human hand, used to intercept hand gestures with electromyography – Thalmic Myo
- Professional infrared camera – AXIS Q1765-LE 4
- Sensor glove for VR – DG5 VHand data glove
- Virtual Reality Kit – VR2200 head mounted display (KOSS UR-18)
- Glasses for augmented reality, for attachment to a human head – Epson Moverio BT-200
- TV – LG 70LB650V 70″ 3D-Ready HDTV
- Motion Detection Camera / Sensor – Kinectsensor V2
- Equipment for recording electromyographic signals from human muscle activity in PC – Zero Wire EMG (BTS Free MG 300)
- Neural network chip – CogniMem CM1K
- Programmable logic array (FPGA) – Raspberry Pi
- Miniature robot – LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV
- Portable radio frequency analyzer with the ability to transmit data to a personal computer – SPECTRAN HF-2025E V3
- Stationary radio frequency analyzer with the ability to transmit data to a personal computer – DSA875 RigolDSA8C174100038
- USB-controlled radio frequency analyzer – SPECTRAN HF-60100 V4
- Multifunctional robot – Baxter robot
- Digital oscilloscope with multimeter, with the ability to store information in a PC and provide frequency analysis of input signals – InfiniVision 6000
- Functional signal generator – Rigol DG5251
- Siglent digital oscilloscope – SDS1102CML
- Siglent digital oscilloscope – SDS1072CML
- Oscilloscope probes set / 1: 1 to 10: 1 /, 200MHz
- Probes to Digital Oscilloscope (150 MHz)
- Digital multimeter – Keysight U1231
- Multimeter with ampere clamps – Gwinstek GCM-403
- Digital multimeter with USB interface with high precision – Mertel-MD 9060
- Tachometer – DT2234A
- Thermometer for remote measurements – model JWT JT-1250
- Thermometer – laboratory, 0-100 degrees C, alcohol
- Autotransformers – model TDGC2-3KN
- Power supply – laboratory class – model RIGOL DP811A
- Power supply – model Gwinstek SPD-3606
Scientific fields: Neural networks, Artificial intelligence, Circuits and systems, Nonlinear Systems, Signal Processing and images.
In 1993 he defended a thesis for a candidate of technical sciences (now PhD) at the Technical University – Sofia. Professor since 2011. During 2011 to 2015 he was Vice Rector of the Technical University – Sofia. Author of more than 300 articles and publications on his scientific fields and has over 30 completed projects in NIS at TU, MES, NSF, NATO, TEMPUS, DAAD, DFG, Royal Society and others.