A procedure for the selection of tenants of office space in the Incubator is opened.
Representatives of the innovative community and professionals in the area of entrepreneurship, finance, venture capital and the scientific community will select the startups, applicants for tenants of free office space in the Business Incubator of the Science and Technology Park.
The expert structure includes:
– Konstantin Petrov, general partner, together with representatives of the Neveq Fund
– Petar Ivanov, Chief Executive Officer of AmCham
– Momchil Vassilev, Managing Director, Endeavor Bulgaria
– Metodi Terziev, Chief Operating Officer of the shared space Betahaus
– Spartak Kabakchiev, Microsoft Business Development Representative for Western Europe
– Representatives of the Research and Development Association at Sofia Tech Park
Sofia Tech Park AD announces a public procedure for the selection of tenants of three office premises in the Incubator building. At present, free spaces are 80.70 square meters in size. They are designed for startups who develop innovative products in one of the three main focus areas of the science and technology park – information and telecommunication technologies, life sciences and clean energy. Spaces are designed for office work, collaboration with the park’s laboratory complex, and helping startup companies to develop their ideas in a successful business. The presence of the companies in the incubator gives access to various sources of financing and contacts in the Sofia Tech Park network.
Free office space is divided into three separate premises in the Incubator:
– 35.90 square meters, located on floor 1;
– 24,80 square meters, located on floor 2;
– 20,60 square meters, located on floor 2;
The rental price per square meter is 3.30 euros excluding VAT. The fee for maintenance of the common areas is 2.00 euros per square meter for office space.
Common spaces, training venues, events and meetings, free wi-fi connections, conference halls and shared kitchens are also available for the companies. The Incubator has storage rooms, a Sports Center equipped with a gym, a yoga hall, tennis courts and a football field. The park infrastructure offers green spaces and recreation areas.
The deadline for submission of selection papers is 2 July 2018.
After the submission of the submitted documents from the candidates, individual interviews are envisaged and the companies will have the opportunity to present the portfolio and their business plan to the expert committee of representatives of the innovative community.
The main requirements for applying startup companies are:
– To be registered in Bulgaria (a trader within the meaning of the Commerce Act) no later than 3 years before submitting a letter of intent to Sofia Tech Park AD.
– The company should be innovative and fall into one of the focal areas of the park: information and communication technologies; life sciences that include biotechnology, pharmacy, food and agriculture; green energy and clean technology.
– At least 30% of the activity of the applicant company is related to research and / or development activity to create and market new products, processes or services.
– At least 30% of the enterprise’s staff is engaged in research and development.
– At the time of application, the enterprise should fall under the category for small and medium enterprises according to Art. 3 of the Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises Act (SMA)
More information about the procedure and the application documents can be found at the following link: ftp://public.sofiatech.bg/incubator-docs/
* The documents of all applicants are protected in the sense of the PDPA and EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of personal data.