On May 25, 2018, a grant contract № BG16RFOP002-1.005-0052-C01 was signed for the realization of the project “Creating an open platform eTOP for application development for the Internet of Things – ETOP for IoT “. The project is implemented under the Operational Program “Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020, co-funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
Beneficiary of the project is “Apla Design” Ltd., and partner “Research and Development and Innovation Consortium” at Sofia Tech Park AD. The project will be implemented by the Cybersecurity Laboratory team on behalf of the RDIC.
The budget of the project amounts to BGN 252 372.00, of which BGN 185 153.60 is a grant from OP “Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020 and BGN 66 218.40 co-financing by the beneficiary and the partner. The total duration of the project is 24 months.
The subject of the project is the development of product innovation: an open platform eTOP for developing user applications for the Internet of Things (IoT). The goal of ETOP for IoT is to provide a work environment that unifies various telecommunication standards and communication protocols between systems and enables users to easily, flexibly, securely and efficiently create new applications for the “Internet of Things “.
As a result of the project, “Apla Design” Ltd. will develop a service product falling within the scope of three priority areas of the thematic area “ICT and Informatics” of the Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialization:
- Big Data, Grid and Cloud Technologies;
- wireless sensor networks and wireless communication / management;
- web, hybrid and “native” applications, web based applications for creating and exploiting new services and products.
The main groups of activities to be implemented under the project are:
1. Carry out research on defining and planning the scope and content of the development work.
- Specification, programming and prototype creation of the innovative product and validation of the results. Creating a technical specification for the project.
3. Server Configuration Acquisition (TMA) and a license for the implementation of the specialized software (ADN) project needed to develop product innovation.
4. Project preview.