Main requirements for applicant companies are:
– Candidates must be registered in Bulgaria. For startup companies, the registration cannot exceed three years from the submission of the letter of intent to Sofia Tech Park;
– The applicant company must fall under one of the three main focus areas of the park: Information and communication technologies; Life sciences (including biotechnology, pharmacy, food and agriculture); Green energy and clean technologies;
– At least 30% of the business of the applicant company must be related to research and / or development to create and/or market new products, processes or services;
– At least 30% of the applicant company staff must be engaged in research and development;
– Upon applying, the applicant company must fall into the category for small and medium enterprise according to Art. 3 of the Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises Act (SMA);
– The applicant’s activity may not be aimed at routine (non-essential) changes to existing products / services or technologies.
Applicant companies must meet the administrative compliance criteria and undergo a technical evaluation, assessing the innovation and quality of their business, economic outlook and the market potential of the product or service being developed as well as other indicators that are part of an established system of evaluation criteria and methodology.
Control and monitoring of incubated enterprises
Upon signing a lease with the approved companies, Sofia Tech Park JSC performs follow-up control and monitoring of the implementation of the planned goals and results of each of the enterprises. It is also noteworthy to mention that startup companies may even benefit from a preferential rent with the assistance of state financial help within three years of signing the initial lease for office space in the Incubator.
Required application documents
To access the application documents and instructions containing instructions on how to prepare the documents, you can use the following link: ftp://public.sofiatech.bg/incubator-docs/
Sofia Tech Park JSC is registered as an administrator under the Personal Data Protection Act and ensures that the provided information is 100% confidential and will be used solely for registration purposes of the companies in the Incubator.