3D Creativity and New Products Rapid Prototyping Lab is a part of Laboratory Complex. The main objective of the rapid prototyping laboratory is to develop a research capacity for the application of innovative technologies for materialization of virtual 3D models with complex forms in a very short time. This lab’s mission is to create innovative practices and to build unique and accessible opportunities for research and development in the field of 3D creativity through systems for quick physical manifestation of new ideas and products in order to shorten the time to market.
- Application of high technologies in the area of Reverse Engineering using a unique for Bulgaria 3D high precision contact and non-contact measuring system and specialized software.
- Building of conceptual, preproduction or unique products using 3D Printing technology (Low Volume Production) from polymeric materials.
- Building of conceptual, preproduction or unique products and building of preproduction or industrial moulding metal tools through the Laser Additive & High Speed Milling technology.
- Quick construction of conceptual, preproduction or unique products and models from ceramics, plastics and other materials.
- Consultation on 3D modeling, rapid prototyping technologies and parts production;
- 3D modeling and design of parts, assemblies and products;
- 3D scanning;
- Comparative analysis between physical and computer models;
- High precise metrology;
- Manufacturing of metal parts;
- Manufacturing of plastic parts;
- Production of casting equipment and 3D printing;
- Manufacturing and repairing of mold tools.
Rapid prototyping system with integral metal addition and high speed routing.
Workspace for workpieces up to 650 mm, 360 mm in height and 1000 kg in weight.
Materials: AISI 316L, Inconel 625/718, super alloy alloys (based on Co and Cr).
Rapid prototyping system for sand and ceramics.
Workspace: 500 x 400 x 300 mm.
Materials: Silica sand with furan bond (concentration <2%).
Rapid prototyping system and rapid production of plastic elements.
Workspace: 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm.
Materials: ABS, PLA.
Construction of casting equipment for a small series production of specific hydraulic elements from the range of “BADESTNOST” JSC.
Validation of geometric parameters of high-precision castings from a SUV model of Rolls Royce Automotive.
3D printing of a form for manufacturing of mold tool, which will be used for plastic parts production, ordered by “Playground Energy”.
Scientific fields: Virtual engineering; Optimization of systems; CAD/CAM/ CAE; Rapid Prototyping; Mechatronic products, MEMS; Means of flexible automation; Dimensional design.
In 1987, he graduated at Technical University – Sofia. Specializations in the UK, and Japan.
Professor at the Technical University – Sofia and dean of the ITF.
Guest lecturer at University of Science and Technology, Hebrew.
Author of more than 140 articles in his scientific fields and has over 110 completed projects in industrial, national and international programs.