The aim of the laboratory is to develop and apply virtual and augmented reality and the related innovative technologies, work methods, tools and equipment in various fields of industry, science, education and social life.
- Training, research and correction three-dimensional models of products and equipment in true to scale immersive environment using natural interaction techniques for visual verification of the structure and properties of objects and integration of tactile feedback and sound effects for the purposes of rapid development of systems and support in decision-making.
- Development and practical application of methods for collaboration and integration of systems for virtual reality in the overall life-cycle management of the product directly into virtual reality systems and implementation of an effective information exchange between CAD software and systems for virtual and augmented reality.
- Development and practical application of methods for virtual prototyping based on the collaboration of software for engineering analysis and simulation systems for virtual and augmented reality.
- Development and practical application of the methods for virtual video conferencing services and virtual product presentation.
- Multi-modal presentation, exploration and extraction of information from big data mining, 3D screenings of presentations, videos and simulations.
- Use of artificially created multi-modal virtual learning environment (arena) with different levels of immersion, along with the development of the relevant scenarios and narratives.
- Research and development in the field of new methods, technologies, interfaces and interaction techniques, tools and auxiliary tools.
- Development of interactive applications for virtual and augmented reality.
- Interaction using motion tracking, gesture- and voice recognition
- Content development
- Design of affordable VR and AR systems, education and consultation.
- Customer consulting
- Education and training for content development and publishing for virtual and augmented reality systems
- Immersive power-wall system
- Passive stereoscopic visualization
- Flexible wing
- Optical tracking system – head-tracking, finger-tracking, flystick
- Managed by a computer cluster and a media server
- Size 280х210 (fixed screen) + 140х210 (flexible wing)
- Interactive stereoscopic display Z-Space
- Diversity of HMDs (HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro, Acer Mixed Reality, Oculus GO,)
- Stereoscopic camera ZED Mini
- Diversity of interaction devices (Myo bracelet, MS Kinect v2, force-feedback, etc.)
- Investigation of imaging methods for computer game generators
- Application for self-study of folk dances with an accessible tracking system
- Expanded reality for cultural and historical sites
- Virtual reality for cultural and historical sites
- Development of paradigms for interaction in a virtual environment
Research fields: Virtual and augmented reality, Computer aided design, Computer Graphics
Professor since 2014. Former Deputy Dean of the Faculty of German Engineering Education and Industrial Management at the Technical University of Sofia. More than 20 years experience in computer graphics and photorealistic visualization TU-Sofia and NBU. He has given, also, courses at universities in Germany and Austria. Director and participant in more than 20 research projects with national and international funding. Author of more than 80 publications and 10 books and textbooks in his scientific fields.